WELL, I SUPPOSE THINGS DON'T GET WORSE THAN HANGING FROM A HELIUM BALLOON A MILE ABOVE SOME UNRECOGNIZED STATE. OF COURSE, MY GRIP COULD WEAKEN, OR I COULD GET SUCKED INTO A JET INTAKE. THAT'S ONE OF THE REMARKABLE THINGS ABOUT LIFE. IT'S NEVER SO BAD THAT IT CAN'T GET WORSE. - Bill Waterson

Monday, June 8, 2009

Beginner's Haiku

Haiku has been a fascinating form of poetry originated from Japan. It looks deceptively simple but conveys a whole lot. Haiku is defined as a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables.
I wrote a couple of them, though I am not sure I have strictly followed the rules of Haiku !

Childhood

innocent mirth and glee
through twinkling eyes and sparkling cheeks
see a world of wonder

Storm

Dynamic wind and water
Waltzing across the ocean and land
With a roaring hunger

2 comments:

Chaitu said...

Hi,
This is Chaitanya, I am Praveen G K's friend...
The poems looks like following the Tri-padi style of writing poems. I dont know if you are a kannadigaa.. but if you did your schooling karnataka, then I am sure you would have heard of Sarvagna, who wrote these three line tri-padis which he called Vachanas.
Interesting that even when you travel half the world you find similarities with absolutely no connection.

Karthik Narayan said...

Nice... learning tripadis now :P