WELL, I SUPPOSE THINGS DON'T GET WORSE THAN HANGING FROM A HELIUM BALLOON A MILE ABOVE SOME UNRECOGNIZED STATE. OF COURSE, MY GRIP COULD WEAKEN, OR I COULD GET SUCKED INTO A JET INTAKE. THAT'S ONE OF THE REMARKABLE THINGS ABOUT LIFE. IT'S NEVER SO BAD THAT IT CAN'T GET WORSE. - Bill Waterson

Saturday, February 6, 2010

So much fun catching the sun !!

The primary love of my childhood ( read school days; before studies got too serious ) was arts and crafts. I used to spend most of my free time sketching, painting or sticking together stuff ! Its been ages since I did any of that. Now I even doubt if I could do anything creative anymore.

As I was browsing for books at Crossword last weekend, I came across this cool sun catcher making kit. It looked simple, easy and fun ! The kit had 2 plastic designs ( well, not glass, but kind of produces a similar effect ), and glass paints of 6 shades. And just 75 bucks! I picked it up and spent the next 2 days painting them. Well, they are kind of elementary ( like Mr Holmes would say), and perhaps meant for kids but I loved the stress buster effect the activity had on me! I have loads of glass paint left and I would probably use them to make something.


Here is what the sun catchers look like. They aren't catching the sun yet, but I would love to hang them over some window ! And I resolved to do more of the creative stuff in future !! To be a child again; run and try to catch the sun :)














2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow !!! Nice start :-)

Dee said...

Beautiful Suchi.. This year we will be children again.. :) Keep it up!